Monday, February 2, 2015

Getting closer

Im getting a little closer... with finishing the paint that is.

The  roof is now painted and is all white and shiny. Too  shiny if you ask me, and I know for a fact that its going to be dangerously slippery once its outside and able to get wet. Ive always had a plan on doing a non slip  coating,  and I still do plan that treatment, but Im going to wait until next year prior to launch. I know Im going to do some damage to the roof paint during the finishing, so Ill repair those spots as I go and once shes in a punch out state of being, Ill final coat with non skid.

The roof was a pretty straight forward job: blast any rust spots and all grinder marks and welds to white metal, blast the whole surface to roughen, then two coats of epoxy primer, followed with three coats of Acrylic Urethane top coat. In order to make painting the super structure sides a bit easier, I painted under the soffit, and the side trim on the wheel house and salon. By painting down the super structure sides this small amount, I have a good spot to tape the roof off from and will have no visible parting line.

Its Saturday morning as I sit and type this update, and the super structure roof is taped off and covered with poly sheathing and tarps. Im getting ready to start the body work on the wheel house and I should have it ready to final blast sometime today or tomorrow. Taping and protecting the roof from the dust, grit and over spray from the final stage of work took me about two hours, but its done and off of the list. The next time I see the roof, all the painting will be finished, Ill be happy, and Ill be doing work directly related to getting her out of the barn.







Cheers 

No comments:

Post a Comment